Skip to main content

evening at the restaurant

In the afternoon, my friend and I had a conversation over the phone to meet at seven at a restaurant nearby. Since I arrived early, I decided to take a table.

It’s evening now. I’m sitting in a cafe at Koteshwar. The girl across the table is seated with a confused-looking fellow, who might be in question, a worker at a local furniture-maker. They speak with a low voice, look at each other and leave.

I take a few sips of the liquid the restaurant calls coffee. I think whether my stomach will get upset over this issue. I take a quick glance around, only to see the dissatisfied faces of some waiters. Are they underpaid? I try not to think over their financial inadequacy. Suddenly my friend enters view.

He is a vet, and a most polite fellow. He talks with reason, and gives his personal point of view in most cases. Just as he gets seated, he mumbles a comment about a waiter’s face, “Is he underpaid?”

How much I’d like to know!

Our conversation turns towards cost-estimation for running a restaurant. We start with the available floor space, the number of tables, the size of kitchen, the count of waiters, the decoration and of course, the menu itself! Our conclusion: it takes a minimum of $15,000 to call a restaurant restaurant, otherwise we’d be running something else in the name of a restaurant.

Suddenly a solemn-looking man on the next table stands up and comes towards us. He puts down his files on our table, pulls up a chair and says, “I’m waiting for the owner here, to settle his debt of this restaurant.” Delighted, my friend asks the amount, on which he curtly replies, “around $ 15,000.”

The vet looks at me and gives me a twisted wink!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

this symbol is called a lemniscate, and other facts

The technical term for your foot "falling asleep" is "taresthesia". "Pins and needles" is really called "paresthesia". Great Britain has invaded about 90% of the world's countries. There's a brand of hand sanitizer called "Maybe You Touched Your Genitals". There was a hoax that the world was ending in 1806 because someone wrote "Christ is coming" on eggs, that were later stuffed into a hen. Gary Numan is actually 13 days older than Gary Oldman. There is a word in the English language with only one vowel, which occurs six times: Indivisibility. Los Angeles's full name is 'El Pueblo de Nuestra la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula'. Polyamorous people have invented a word to indicate the opposite feeling of jealousy - compersion. The Macrocilix maia moth confuses predators with wing patterns that mimic two flies eating bird poop. It even releases a pungent odor to drive home the dec

abort, retry, ignore poem

The infamous Abort, Retry, Ignore message box of Windows, with no option given to close it. Found this classic and fun poem about the "Abort, Retry, Ignore" message. I have been able to trace back the source to Annoyances.org. Here it is: Once upon a midnight dreary, fingers cramped and vision bleary, System manuals piled high and wasted paper on the floor, Longing for the warmth of bed sheets, still I sat there doing spreadsheets. Having reached the bottom line I took a floppy from the drawer, I then invoked the SAVE command and waited for the disk to store, Only this and nothing more. Deep into the monitor peering, long I sat there wond'ring, fearing,
 Doubting, while the disk kept churning, turning yet to churn some more.
 But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token.
 "Save!" I said, "You cursed mother! Save my data from before!"
 One thing did the phosphors answer, only this and nothing more,
 Just, "Abort

blog now with devnagari

क्या मुझे प्यार है? क्या तुम येह पढ़ सकते हो? और क्या तुम्हारा नाम 'जोकर' है? हिन्दीमा त लेखीयो, बबाल सजीलो हुँदो रहेछ - अब नेपाली लेखेर हेरौं है, कत्तिको राम्ररी लेखिन्छ - भन्ने कुरा गर्ने हो भने तपाइँ मलाई भनी दिनुस कि यो गूगल को नयाँ सुविधा कत्तिको राम्रो लग्छ तपाइँलाई. फेरी पनि तिम्रो तस्बिर, आँखामा आयी दिन्छ अनी फेरी धुलो लागे जस्तो सारा हरायेर जान्छ - यो लेख्नु त majja po रहेछ - it's fun! देवनागरीमा ब्लग लेख्ने होइन त? सच्ची, यो एकदम सजीलो रहेछ - धन्यबाद ब्लगर! But it still needs refinements to be perfect.