hearken the facts - iv
A few facts that you might never come across, but your life will be incomplete without:
- In 1968, John Lennon and girlfriend Yoko Ono’s album Two Virgins was sold in the United States in a plain brown paper wrapper as on the real cover they both had posed nude.
- The Basenji is the only bark-less dog in the world.
- 26% of all electric cable breaks and 18% of all phone cable disruptions are caused by rats.
- The dial tone of a normal telephone is in the key of “F”.
- Seals sleep only about one and a half minutes each time.
- The weight of a carat (200 milligrams), the standard unit of measurement for gemstones, is based on the weight of the carob seed.
- India has a Bill of Rights for cows.
- Genetically-engineered babies were born first in 2001.
- A rat can fall from a five storey building without injury.
- The dollar symbol $ is a U combined with an S (U.S.).
- According to Genesis 1:20-22 the chicken came before the egg.
- Oak trees do not have acorns until they are fifty years old or older.
- Pumpkin rule of thumb: the darker the shell, the longer the pumpkin lasts.
- The X’s that people sometimes put at the end of letters or notes to mean a kiss, actually started back in the 1000’s when Lords would sign their names at the end of documents to other important people. It was originally a cross that they would kiss after signing to signify that they were faithful to God and their King. Over the years though, it slanted into the X.
- The first video aired on MTV was Video Killed the Radio Star by The Buggles in 1981.