bizarre laws of usa
Extraordinary it does sound, but did you know that in Illinois, you may be arrested for speaking English? Instead, make sure that you speak American the next time you visit Chicago! Sound interesting? Welcome to the list of bizarre laws in the US of A.
- Alaska – Whispering in someone’s ear while he’s moose hunting is prohibited.
- California – You may not eat an orange in your bathtub.
- Florida – If you tie an elephant to a parking meter, you must pay the same parking fee as you would for a vehicle.
- Hawaii – All residents may be fined for not owning a boat.
- Illinois – It is illegal to speak English. The officially recognized language is “American.”
- Kentucky – Every citizen is required to take a shower once a year.
- Massachusetts – No gorilla is allowed in the backseat of any car.
- Michigan – A woman may not cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
- Nevada – It’s illegal for men with moustaches to kiss women.
- New York – While riding in an elevator, you must talk to no one, fold your hands, and look toward the door.
- North Carolina – It’s against the law to sing off-key.
- Ohio – In Oxford, Ohio it is still illegal for a woman to undress in front of a picture of a man.
- South Dakota – It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.
- Pennsylvania – It’s illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.
- Texas – You may not shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
- Wyoming – Unless you have an official permit, you may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April.
I wonder what circumstances arose in the past, that led to the creation of these laws in these states. My thanks to divinecaroline who made this wonderful list.