hearken the facts - v
A few facts that you might never come across, but your life will be incomplete without:
- Before writing 007 novels, Ian Fleming studied languages at Munich and Geneva Universities, worked with Reuters in Moscow, and then became a banker and stockbroker.
- If you rearrange the words “A Domesticated Animal” you can spell “Docile, as Man Tamed it”.
- In Los Angeles, there are fewer people than there are automobiles.
- Airports that are at higher altitudes require a longer airstrip due to lower air density.
- San Jose was the original capital of California.
- An adult female mosquito consumes about 5-millionths of a liter of blood in a single meal.
- The entire town of Capena, Italy (including children as young as 2 years old) lights up cigarettes each year in honour of St. Anthony’s Day. This tradition is centuries old.
- The average 21 year old has spent 5,000 hours playing video games, has exchanged 250,000 emails, instant and text messages and has spent 10,000 hours on the mobile phone.
- Honey is the only natural food that is made without destroying any kind of life.
- Heineken beer is designed to foam for exactly five minutes.
- Hummingbirds are the only animals able to fly backwards.
- A gray fox can climb trees.
- The original story from “Tales of 1001 Arabian Nights” begins, “Aladdin was a little Chinese boy…”.
- The body’s largest internal organ is the small intestine at an average length of 20 feet.
- About a third of all Americans flush the toilet while they’re still sitting on it.