hearken the facts - ii
A few facts that you might never come across, but your life will be incomplete without:
- The little “you are here” arrow on maps is called an ideo locator.
- A bird chews with its stomach.
- Cold water weighs more than hot water.
- The first Internet worm was created by Robert T. Morris, Jr., and attached more than 6000 Internet hosts.
- The lowest temperature ever recorded in Canada was –63 degrees Celcius in 1947, Snag River Yukon.
- The word ‘set’ has more definitions than any other word in the English language.
- Plants that are not cared for will cry for help, a thirsty plant will make a high-pitched sound that is too high for us to hear.
- Sheep outnumber humans in New Zealand 15 to 1.
- The ‘vintage date’ on a bottle of wine indicates the year the grapes were picked, not the year of bottling.
- The wheelbarrow is invented by a Chinese.
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- The first product that Sony came out with was the rice cooker.
- A company, Warner Communications paid $28 million for the copyright to the song “Happy Birthday”.
- One 75-watt light bulb gives off more light than three 25-watt light bulbs.
- If a native Hawaiian woman places the flower on her right ear, she is available