learning english is fun
Let us begin the new year with a funny post - a post that includes some remarkable sentences in the English language.
- The insurance is invalid for the invalid.
- The bandage was wound around the wound!
- How do I intimate it to my most intimate friend?
- Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
- I shed my clothes in the shed, but upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
And have you ever thought :
- Why Boxing Rings are Square?
- Why sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat?
- Why you fill in a form by filling it out?
- Why Bakers bake, but grocers don't groce?
- Why a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig?
- We drive on the parkway and park on the driveway?
- If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
- Why do people have noses that run and feet that smell?
- We ship by truck and send cargo by ship?
- If two mouse are called mice, what should two house be called?
- And finally, when you want to shut down your computer you have to hit "START"!!
PS. "I think for what you think you think in all your thinking all the time thanking your thinking brain think of which I think your thinking must apply to think that your thinking thoughts of thinkings think you are a wasteful jerk"