amazing tech facts
Some amazing tech facts are listed below.
- In 1981, while working on MS-DOS, Bill Gates made a prediction that 640K of RAM should be enough for everyone.
- The first word processing software developed in 1975, was called Electric Pencil.
- Intel released its first Pentium processor in 1993. It was a 60MHz processor with 3.2 million transistors.
- The first cellular phone communication network was launched in Japan, in 1979.
- The original URL of Yahoo! was http://akebono.stanford.edu/
- Domain Registration was free until 14th September 1995.
- Google got its name from the word googol, which means the number "one followed by a hundred zeroes".
- It took 13 years for television to reach 50 million users - it took the Internet less than 4 years.
- The first patent for a typewriter was issued for Englishman Henry Mill in 1714.
- The CD-ROM made its debut in 1984 through the combined efforts of Philips and Sony.