Skip to main content

84 kbps for 750R

Yeah, 84 kbps night-surfer offer from Wlink with a price tag of 750 Rupees. It's a pathetic comparision with this offer, however, our Kathmandu is a growing city - with its own competitions and infrastructure! So, this is a modest offer from Wlink. Below is a brief telephone conversation with a customer-care lady at Worldlink, where I attempted to subscribe to their BROADband Inernet connection.

Hello. Worldlink?
Yes.
I need a broadband internet connection - can you transfer the line to the section?
What section?
The section that offers net connection.
It's here.
My friend has taken a 84 kbps night surfer connection. I was wondering if I can have it installed.
It's expired.
Any similar offers?
None.

Honestly speaking, I was fed up at this point because of her limited-words-response. At most, she would speak three or four words in a sentence, and that too, in a curt manner as if she has to pay for every word she spoke. That was enough hearing, so I decided to eat her head.

Are you single?
What?
I said are you single or married?
What kind of a nonesense question is this?
Why nonesense? Is it illegal to ask a sweet-voiced lady whether she is single or not?
Who are you speaking?
I am a humble customer of Wlink - at your service. Isn't that plain enough?
What do you mean?
I mean I have some plans. Are you free on Thursday? I wish to hear more of your beautiful voice.

From the other side some giggles were audible... hee..hee..hee.
Probably other customer-care babes!

After a brief pause, she said in a bold voice:

I am sorry sir. I am going elsewhere on Thursday.
But I have some plans for Thursday evening and I cannot do alone by myself.

More giggles and more moments of pause, after which she finally said:

Who are you speaking? [... more of those haa..haa... hee...heez...in the background]
I already told you, I am a Wlink customer seeking for broadband internet connection at home. If there is no such offer, then hopefully I'll take dial-up connection. About computers I know nothing, so if you're free on Thursday, can you help me install it?

Hardly had I finished my sentence, she put down the receiver with a bang. Mud-dhum ko gussa aaya hoga!

........ such are my tele-adventures with a marketing lady....... And then I moved on to the number of another ISP.

Comments

Suman Pant said…
Are you in KTM now???
Okay, let me tell you.... i have been using wlink for past few years... last few months, broadband.... it is pretty okay... but i would say, if you can have fiiberonline (fol), take it up... its much better....

Usually wlink faces problems in the evening..... i havent used any other.... wlink at home and fol in office... and fol is definitely better.... anyways, good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

this symbol is called a lemniscate, and other facts

The technical term for your foot "falling asleep" is "taresthesia". "Pins and needles" is really called "paresthesia". Great Britain has invaded about 90% of the world's countries. There's a brand of hand sanitizer called "Maybe You Touched Your Genitals". There was a hoax that the world was ending in 1806 because someone wrote "Christ is coming" on eggs, that were later stuffed into a hen. Gary Numan is actually 13 days older than Gary Oldman. There is a word in the English language with only one vowel, which occurs six times: Indivisibility. Los Angeles's full name is 'El Pueblo de Nuestra la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula'. Polyamorous people have invented a word to indicate the opposite feeling of jealousy - compersion. The Macrocilix maia moth confuses predators with wing patterns that mimic two flies eating bird poop. It even releases a pungent odor to drive home the dec

abort, retry, ignore poem

The infamous Abort, Retry, Ignore message box of Windows, with no option given to close it. Found this classic and fun poem about the "Abort, Retry, Ignore" message. I have been able to trace back the source to Annoyances.org. Here it is: Once upon a midnight dreary, fingers cramped and vision bleary, System manuals piled high and wasted paper on the floor, Longing for the warmth of bed sheets, still I sat there doing spreadsheets. Having reached the bottom line I took a floppy from the drawer, I then invoked the SAVE command and waited for the disk to store, Only this and nothing more. Deep into the monitor peering, long I sat there wond'ring, fearing,
 Doubting, while the disk kept churning, turning yet to churn some more.
 But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token.
 "Save!" I said, "You cursed mother! Save my data from before!"
 One thing did the phosphors answer, only this and nothing more,
 Just, "Abort

water out of thin air – star trek style

  An arid desert from where water is planned to be extracted (by porous means) from the atmosphere. This Jordanian startup has, it seems, finally come to the rescue of humanity. And it is straight to the point, too:  Producing Clean, Drinking Water from Desert Air .  Beyond doubt, it means that the magical-sounding system from this incredibly named company can produce water in the lush valleys of Nepal, too. Reason: if it can produce water from an arid desert, it can definitely produce water from climates less arid than a desert. So let me recount a story on why this machinery is suitable for Nepal along with the rest of the world. As everyone in the world knows, Nepal is a country full of all kinds of landscapes. There are forests, valleys, plateaus, almost-peninsulas, almost-islands, flatlands, badlands, grasslands, waterfalls, cliffs, mountains, canyons, gorges, caves, hills, and even a sea (albeit 500 km away). But no desert. No desert? How come? This question troubled some import